College football championship weekend is upon us and in the 4th year of the College Football Playoff this year the conference championships might mean more then they ever have. With 2 of the conference championship games basically serving as a play in game and 2 others which involve teams that will make the playoffs if they win there is a lot at stake this weekend. Below we will have some of our writers from No Huddle Sports make predictions on the games and have a little competition here for us. Feel free to voice your opinions to any of our writers via twitter. Before we get to predictions I will give a quick summary of the games below.
12. Stanford vs 10. USC - At this point it will be nearly impossible for either of these teams to make the playoffs but this has been one of the best rivalries in the PAC 12 over the past decade and should be an interesting game between Heisman candidate Bryce Love of Stanford and future first round pick Sam Darnold from USC.
Akron vs Toledo - A classic MACtion match-up here between two schools from northern Ohio. Toledo was the favorite out of the west division all year at 10-2, while Akron was a bit of a surprise finishing at just 7-5 but 6-2 in the conference. These teams have played once already with Toledo winning at home 48-21 but in the championship game on a neutral site anything is possible.
20. Memphis vs 14. UCF - UCF is the only remaining unbeaten team in FBS besides Wisconsin this year but has gotten little love being ranked at 14th. Memphis is quietly 10-1 and is a team that can definitely knock off UCF if they aren't careful.
North Texas vs FAU - I'll be honest I don't know too much about either of these teams except that they are both 9-3, but I just started following Lane Kiffin on twitter recently and if you don't follow him yet I would highly recommend it.
11. TCU vs 3. Oklahoma - This will be the first game of the day featuring a potential playoff team. Kind of odd having a 12:30 kickoff but I guess that's just how the TV schedules line up. Oklahoma is the definite favorite in this game but don't sleep on TCU, if their strong defense can contain Baker Mayfield then watch out for the Hored Frogs in this one.
6. Georgia vs 2. Auburn - Auburn is the hottest team in the country but with questions at running back there is no telling how this game will end. Georgia would also love to get revenge and make it into the playoffs so this will likely be one of if not the best games of the day.
25. Fresno State vs Boise State - Typically when you see a MWC championship team with one ranked team its Boise State, but Fresno State is a bit of a surprise team this year coming in at 25th in the nation. The broncos however are still 9-3 and come in as favorites.
7. Miami vs 1. Clemson- Another one of those play in games here. Miami looked rough in their loss to Pitt and Clemson has been rolling, but a win by the Canes here and they are most likely in the playoffs so it should be interesting.
8. Ohio State vs 4 Wisconsin - This one has the most at stake here. Wisconsin is undefeated but has had a fairly weak schedule. A big win here and the Badgers will make it hard for anyone to argue against them making the playoffs. Ohio State however is a long shot but if enough things go right they can still make the playoffs.
Below are the picks for all of the games this weekend. Follow our writers on twitter and let us know what you think.
Ryan McCormick - @Ryanmcc09
Blake Campbell - @Blakedcampbell
Deric Green - @Deric83green
Mitch Davis - @Mitchdavis_8
Patrick Simpson - @_PatrickSimpson
Andrew Disinger - @Andy_Dise